Tuesday, September 25, 2007

3rd assignment

Christmas time is here again
what a long year it has been
Time to gather with family
Hurry up and grab the key

Off to grandma and grandpa's
Parents obeying all the speed laws
We stop and park the white van
I hop out the car as mommy grabs my hand

Go up to the door and ring the bell
Wondering if this day will go well
Grandma swiftly opens the door
My smile becoming more and more

The big beautiful green tree
Is all i could really see
From the two silver doves
To the picture of me

Time to open gifts
Hoping to find things on our list
Family all crowded near
Some gifts made grandma shed a tear

Ripping open the wrapping paper
Not taking time to appreciate the maker
plain, stripes, and polka dots
presents, presents, lot's and lot's

Time to go home
Spend time all alone
The day is done and now it's night
Finally time to turn out the light

4 comments:

Jamie's Blog said...

First of all megz... you're cute.. i really think this whole poem is strong and i loved how it reminded me of my own christmas'. If that's what you're getting at ( to remind people of a sweet christmas) than you did a good job.. I don't think you have anything to worry about.. i loved it and it makes me warm and fuzzy inside

love you

Sarah's Blog said...

The first one was about you when you were little and went to your grandparents' house for christmas. I really liked this one because it was very visual and I could see everything that was happening as I was reading. I also liked the other one. I thought it was deep. Possibly about breaking up with someone or about a loved one dying. My favorite line was, "The big beautiful green tree, Is all I could really see, From the two silver doves, To the picture of me". Awesome job!!!

common sense said...

I liked the first one a lot Megan! It did a great job of explaining exactly what was happening. Its a very cute poem. Its hard to pick out a line I liked or would change because I liked it all. It was amazing, great job.

Tyler's Blog said...

hey princess! i found you :D